- The first passengers to go on a hot air balloon flight in 1783 were a rooster, duck and a sheep. All three passengers made it back to the ground unharmed.
- The real reason for the champagne toast celebration after going on a hot air balloon flight. We might tell you it is to celebrate your safe flight and amazing experience but there is more to this tradition. In France the farmers were not too happy with hot air balloons landing on their farms, therefore, pilots started to take champagne with them on the flight to give to the farmer’s whose farms they landed on as a peace offering.
- The Pilots cant steer the balloon they can move it up and down but as far as steering goes the direction the balloon goes depends on mother nature.
- A hot air balloon consists of three parts: an envelope, basket (made from woven wicker or rattan) and burner system which creates an open flame by burning a mix of liquid propane and air.
- The envelope of most balloons is made from nylon. Due to the fact that the melting point of nylon is approximately 230 degrees Celsius. The temperature inside the balloon usually stays below 120 degrees Celsius.
Please note that due to the Valley Of Waves closing for maintenance from 31 May to 23 June 2022 our Quatro bounce and Chimp & Zee activities will be unavailable. We look forward to welcoming you back on the 24 June for some Zip and Bounce adventure.
Letsatsing nature reserve at Sun City resort has a number of activities and adventures for all ages. Letsatsing is 470 hectares with flat areas and picturesque mountains. When taking part in any of the activities we offer on Letsatsing one should be on the lookout for any of its’ local residences such as Kudu, Wildebeest, Impala, Giraffe, and Sable to name but a few.
As seen on the map Letsatsing has both a mountain bike trail and Quad bike trails for guests to enjoy. We have an outdoor Archery range and some team-building activities. Families can even join one of our qualified guides on a family bushwalk through the reserve looking at tracks, signs and all that nature has to offer.
For those wanting to dine out in the bush, we have the Wallow bush venue overlooking one of the dams on the reserve. Open for lunches and dinners on certain days of the week or one can book for a private function from a wedding to a year-end function.
We have had a few days of rain in November and the park is looking so lush and green. The last week in November we started to see some baby Impalas, Red hartebeest, and zebras. The baby season has started!
We had a few hot air balloon flights this month including an exclusive flight for two with a proposal.
We have shared some great moments and sightings with our guests both on balloons and game-drives over this past month. Here are some photos that were taken during the month that we would like to share with you.
With a wide range of activities on offer, we have something for every member of the family to enjoy.
Every Game drive/Safari in the Pilanesberg is different, as field guides we drive through the gate and never know exactly what is going to happen. This all adds to the excitement as we head out on a game drive or Hot air balloon flight.
A lot more rain for as during the month and even more babies being born. The holiday season came to an end and the chinese new year rush began. Here are some photos taken during the month of Jan.